Friday, February 8, 2013

CTMH Buzz and Bumble Post It Note Holder

Hello everyone!  I'm sorry it has been a few days since my last post.  I've started a "real" job and it has been a bit of an adjustment for me.  But, don't worry - my favorite job will always be   sharing my love of paper crafting with others!

After work tonight, my wonderful husband suggested that I relax by playing with paper!  He didn't need to say it twice - it was just what I needed to clear my mind and stop thinking about   whether or not I was doing well in training for the new job.  So, I got out my Close To My Heart Buzz and Bumble Workshops On The Go kit and started creating.  I wanted to make something quick and easy with a high instant gratification factor so I decided to make a Post It note holder using shapes cut out with my Cricut from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.

I have to admit, I think that it came out incredibly cute!  What do you think?  Take a look!

Close To My Heart Buzz and Bumble
Buzz and Bumble Post It Note Holder
Close To My Heart Buzz and Bumble
CTMH Buzz and Bumble

Here's how I made it:

Using your Close To My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge cut the following shapes...

One 3 1/2" Card in the <Square 2> (page 33) using Cocoa cardstock
One 3" <Square 1> (page 23) using B&T Duos patterned paper
One 2 1/2" <Square 1> (page 23) using Sunset cardstock

Using the coordinating stamp set from the kit, stamp flowers in Goldrush ink, shade using Chocolate, Honey and Autumn Terracotta Watercolor Pencils; then blend with a Blending Pen to create depth.  Then I cut out the flower shapes using an exacto knife.  Micro-tip scissors would also work well for this task.

Score 1/4" in from each side of the center line of the card shape and fold.  Layer the remaining pieces and embellish!

I sanded and inked (Goldrush) the edges of the patterned paper and the Sunset cardstock. 

I added a wooden bee shape from the Buzz and Bumble Assortment, two Antiquated Copper Brads, and put sparkles in the center of the small flowers from the Sparkles Brown & Tan Assortment.  I used 3-D Foam Tape under the small flowers to make them pop!  I also tied a bit of White Hemp around the top for a little something extra.

I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it.  Remember, you don't need hours of time to turn something ordinary into spectacular...just take a little time to "Create with Care"!

Looking for a deal?  Check out the "While Supplies Last" page on my website for great prices on limited quantity items.




No comments:

Post a Comment