Tuesday, February 26, 2013

CTMH Chantilly Easter Cards

I'm getting a jump start on Easter this year.  It's not going to sneak up on me this time around!  This time I've got my cards ready. This past Saturday, I hosted the Scrapbook, Stamp and Socialize crop here in Jacksonville and in addition to teaching a fun "Create and Take" I was able to make16 Easter cards.  Whoo hoo!  I feel such a great sense of accomplishment about this. 

I used the lovely and spring like Chantilly collection from Close To My Heart.  The pretty pastel colors of Champagne, Twilight, Buttercup and Cotton Candy are absolutely perfect for Easter.  I wanted my cards to be playful and cute, so I used the adorable stamp called Easter Wishes to create the the front of the card. The egg stamp perfectly matches a shape on the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge! 



CTMH Easter Wishes (B1422)


Here are supplies that I used:



Close To My Heart Chantilly and Easter Wishes
CTMH Chantilly and Easter Wishes


For inspiration, I consulted my trusty copy of the "Make It From Your Heart" publication; an amazing book of beautiful scrapbook and card patterns from Close To My Heart Founder and CEO, Jeanette Lynton.  I choose card pattern #25 on page 45 as a starting point.  

Here's how I made my card:

5 1/4" x 4" piece of patterned B&T Duos paper 
4 1/4" x 3" piece of coordinating cardstock
3 1/2" x 2 1/4" piece of white cardstock
1 3/4' egg from white cardstock 

I stamped the egg stamp on the egg shape plus the sentiment "It's what's inside that counts" in Blush ink.  The chicks emerging from their shell was stamped in Champagne ink.  I colored the chicks using my Watercolor Pencils and softened the color a bit using my Blending Pen.  I also used the Champagne to ink around the edges of the patterned paper and the colored cardstock for some dimension.  Lastly, I added two Pink Glitter Gems for some sparkle.

I adhered the layers together, largest to smallest, and added the egg using 3-D Foam Tape to make it pop up. Then I mounted it to a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" white card base.

Ta-da!  The finished product:



Create with Care CTMH Chantilly Easter Card
CTMH Chantilly Easter Card








1 comment: