Saturday, February 16, 2013

Budweiser Clydesdales

The Budweiser Clydesdales visit Jacksonville
Look at this gorgeous animal!  Today I was amazed by the size and beauty of the famous Budweiser Clydesdale Horses.  The 8 giant horses along with their beer wagon, team drivers, dalmatian and entourage made a stop today at the Budweiser plant here in Jacksonville.  They were unloaded from a fleet of semi-truck trailers that are custom made to transport them on their cross-country tours.  From what I understand, two trucks carry the horses and a third carries the beer wagon.  

Once they emerged from the trailers they were all put into their harnesses.  I'm not very knowledgable about what other things were strapped onto them, i.e. bridles, bits, etc. but I can tell you that the horses were so well trained that when the handler walked up to them to start the process, they bowed their heads so that all of the equipment could be slipped right on.  It was so fun to watch the whole process and see how gentle the horses are and well they were treated.

After they were hooked up to their "hitch", they clip clopped through the parking lot giving plenty of opportunities for visitors to take photos.  As they passed by, I was so awestruck by their size.  I've never seen a full grown Clydesdale in person before today.  It was very cool!  


Here they come!
Look at how beautiful they are!  I'm so glad that I got the opportunity to see them in person.  

I was tickled to find out that the beer wagon that they pull actually has beer in it!  So even though it was barely 50 degrees outside with a brisk north wind, my husband and I shared a Bud!  We are not ones to miss out on an opportunity for a free beer.

Every year, I faithfully watch the SuperBowl not for the game, but for the Clydesdale commercials.  This years offering with the baby Clydesdale touched my heart so much that when I heard they would be coming to my hometown, I just had to go.  If you ever have an opportunity to see these spectacular creatures in person, please go.  You won't be disappointed.


There they go!





No comments:

Post a Comment