Thursday, January 24, 2013

CTMH Buzz and Bumble Bookmarks

CTMH Buzz and Bumble
CTMH Buzz and Bumble Corner Bookmark

I'm so excited about the new Buzz and Bumble collection from Close To My Heart's Spring/Summer 2013 Idea Book!   I couldn't wait to get started creating new projects with the Workshops On The Go kit that I received.  This kit will be available to order on February 1, 2013.  Click here to shop!

I'm hostessing a gathering of paper crafting ladies this weekend and I wanted to have a "Create and Take" for us all to do together.  This adorable corner bookmark is a fun and easy way to make sure you never lose your place in your favorite novel.  It has a pocket on the back that slips over a few pages to mark where you left off reading.

Look how cute this looks holding my place in Pride and Prejudice!


CTMH Buzz and Bumble corner bookmark
Buzz and Bumble holds my place!

Here's how I made it using the Workshops on the Go Buzz and Bumble Scrapbooking Kit (Item # G1054):

 1.  Cut 3 1/4" square from Sunset cardstock for your base
 2.  Cut 3 1/4" long by 1 1/4" wide piece of coordinating B&T patterned paper from kit
 3.  Cut 2" by 2" square of Colonial White cardstock to stamp your sentiment on
 4.  Cut 2 1/4" square from another piece of coordinating patterned paper; then cut in half from corner to corner to make 2 triangles (you will only use 1)
 5.  Score your Sunset square at 1 5/8" at two of the corners so that they will fold in to make a triangular point on one side
 6.  Stamp image from the Workshop Stamp Set in center of Colonial White Square using Cocoa Ink.  Ink edges of cardstock for dimension
 7.  Turn Sunset base over to front side and adhere the 3 1/4" by 1 1/4" piece of patterned paper along bottom edge
 8.  Adhere 2" by 2" stamped image to pointed top
 9.  Turn Sunset base over to folded side (back) and secure by adhering triangle of patterned paper.  This makes a pocket to slip over your book pages.
 10. Embellish.  I used the sparkles from my kit.



I also decided to make a more traditional style bookmark with the same kit.  Here is my "B Happy" bookmark!

CTMH Buzz and Bumble
CTMH Buzz and Bumble "B Happy" bookmark



For this I did the following:

 1.  Cut a 2" by 6" piece of Colonial White cardstock for the base
 2.  Cut a 4" by 2" piece of B&T patterned paper
 3.  Cut a 2" by 2" piece of coordinating B&T patterned paper
 4.  Cut a 1" by 2" piece of Cocoa card stock
 5.  Cut a 2" by 1/2" piece of Colonial White cardstock
 6.  Cut a 2" by 2" piece of Colonial White card stock
 7.  Cut out a 1" letter B (I used the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge)
 8.  Ink all edges with Cocoa ink
 9.  Stamp "Happy" in Cocoa and a flower in Goldrush on the smaller piece of Colonial White
10. On the larger piece of Colonial White - Stamp in second generation the bee image using Goldrush and the bee trail in Cocoa
11. Adhere and embellish.  I used a sparkle from the kit in the center of the flower
12. Punch a hole in the top center and decorate with a piece of ribbon 

If you live in the Jacksonville area and would like to meet other paper crafters, I would love to have you join our group.  We get together once a month to Scrapbook, Stamp and Socialize. I always have a project similar to this bookmark for us to do together.  We snack, craft and have a great time together.  Join us!





No comments:

Post a Comment