Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Fall Ya'll!

As you've read in the previous post, I LOVE fall!!  Since Saturday is the first day of Autumn, I was inspired to make these Fabulous Fall cards with paper from the Close To My Heart Avonlea kit (Item # X7155B).


Happy Fall!



I have gotten so many cute projects from this one paper pack!  It is so very versatile and I've really enjoyed the beautiful patterns and colors.  For these 2 cards, I used my paper trimmer to cut out a 9" x 6" rectangle out of cardstock.  Then I folded them in half to make the card bases.


"Harvest Happiness"

For the "Harvest Happiness" card on the left, I cut a 4 1/2" x 3" rectangle of B&T (Background & Texture) patterned paper.  I made pennants by hand using strips of B&T and cardstock then using scissors I cut a triangle out of one end.  Then I anchored the pennants using a piece of the decorative strip from the edge of the 12 x 12 paper.  I cut the leaf and oval shapes using the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge and stamped them with images from the Harvest Happiness My Acrylic Stamp Set (Item # C1463) using Chocolate and Black inks.  I also inked the edges of all my papers before adhering them.

"Fall!"









For the "Fall!" card on the right, I used the same Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to cut out three 2" leaf shapes, two circles and a small tag.  I anchored the leaf shapes with another decorative strip from the edge of the B&T paper.  To embellish the tag, I used a piece of hemp, the letter "F" from the Color Ready Canvas Alphabet (Item # Z1777) that I inked with Slate and stamped the "all!"  with Glamour Lowercase Alphabets (Item # D1522).  Finally, I used three Opaques gems from the Mocha packet (Item # Z1333) to add a bit of bling.

I hope that you will be inspired to create a bit of "Harvest Happiness" in your life today!  Thank you so much for checking out my blog and allowing me to share a bit about myself with you today.





No comments:

Post a Comment