Monday, September 17, 2012

Blue Ridge Parkway Adventure

On the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia!
Hello friends!  Last week my husband and I had a great adventure driving the Blue Ridge Parkway from the milepost 0.0 outside of Waynesboro, VA back to our home in Asheville, NC.  We had a wonderful time seeing the beautiful scenery, stopping at yummy off the beaten path restaurants, and taking some time to learn about and admire the history along this great American roadway.  

Mabry Mill

The Brinegar Cabin built by hand in the 1880's
Autumn is my favorite season and this trip got me in the spirit of the season because the weather was cool and crisp and the leaves were showing just a hint of the color that they will be changing to in just a few weeks.  I even had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks last week!  Soooo good!!  

Speaking of pumpkin...I'm looking for a recipe for Pumpkin Bread.  I've got a can in my pantry that is calling out to be made into something moist and tasty that will pair happily with a cup of coffee.  If anyone has a one to share, please leave a link in the comments section.  My tummy thanks you in advance!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment