Tuesday, December 25, 2012

More Crazy For Clementine!


Close To My Heart Clementine Scrapbooking Layout of Bok Tower



I'm still paper crafting with the same $21.15 of new supplies from Close To My Heart!  I love the Clementine collection.  Peach is one of my favorite colors and this paper packet has lots of peach, orange, brown and blue tones.  I just love it and I know that you will too!

Today I did a 2 page scrapbooking layout to show off my recent pictures from a trip to the Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales, FL.  Bok Tower is an amazing landmark that was created and donated to the state by a Dutch immigrant named Edward Bok (1863-1930).  Mr. Bok arrived in this country a very poor boy, but was able to make his fortune in publishing, becoming editor of the Ladies Home Journal.  He won a Pulitzer Prize and was a strong advocate for world peace.  The Tower is crowned by a carillon (a musical instrument with bells) that is played throughout the day.  The gardens surrounding the tower are incredibly beautiful and peaceful.  So many different kinds of flowers were in bloom and the weather was perfect.

In my layout, I wanted to highlight the main focus of the visit, which was the gorgeous tower, so I printed out the photo as a 5x7 and centered it on the page to create visual interest.



CTMH Clementine Page 1



For the second page of the layout, I chose 3 smaller photos (two cut at 5" x 3" and one cut at 3" x 3") of the same event and added a block for journaling.




CTMH Clementine Page 2


My inspiration for the layout came from the Close To My Heart publication "Make It from Your Heart Volume 1" by Jeanette Lynton.  This is an amazing book with 16 two-page layout pattern blueprints that are a great starting point to create your own artwork.  Pattern 07 on pages 18-19 is what inspired me today.

Here's how I did it:

From the Clementine Paper Packet I used the Saddle cardstock as my base.  I used 2 sheets of the coordinating B&T patterned paper and cut four strips at 1 1/2" x 8".  Then a piece of Champagne cardstock into two pieces of 6" x 8" each.  I matted my photos with Sorbet card stock.  Then all pieces were inked around the edges with Saddle ink.

I accented the pages with adhesive canvas shapes from the Clementine Complements Canvas Shapes that coordinate with the paper packet.  That is the strip that runs across the bottom of both pages as well as the flower shapes.

To finish it off I used a few supplies that I already had on hand:  Antiquated Copper Brads,
Sorbet Buttons, and White Hemp.  For the title "Bok Tower" I used Sorbet ink on Color Ready Canvas Alphabet stickers.

I am really enjoying this paper packet and I hope that I've inspired you with my layout.  Thanks for stopping by my blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment