Thursday, December 20, 2012

CTMH Pear & Partridge Candy Holders

For me, the holidays and chocolate just somehow go together.  Okay, actually everyday and chocolate go together!  So, because it is the most wonderful time of the year, I wanted to show you a simple project to bring two of my favorite things together.  Allow me to introduce you to my version of the Close to my Heart Pear & Partridge Candy Holders!

CTMH Pear & Partridge Candy Holders
Hershey Nuggets Embellished with Close to my Heart Pear & Partridge


I saw this idea on fellow CTMH Consultant Pamela O'Connors blog and have modified them a bit based on the materials that I had on hand.  Here's the recipe:

To cover the Hershey's Nuggets - Cut strips of CTMH Pear & Partridge B&T Duos paper into 1" x 3" pieces.  Wrap candy and adhere ends of paper strips.

To nestle your candy - Create a paper tray by cutting a piece of Cranberry cardstock into a 2 1/2" x 4 7/8" strip.  Score at 5/8" from edge along each side long ways and fold up to create a tray.

Top it off - Use your Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to cut out the shape <Rectangle6> at 2 1/2" and fold in half.  If you don't have a Cricut, cut a 3" x 2" rectangle with a paper trimmer.  Then I cut a 2 1/4" scalloped circle <Circle2> and a 1 1/4" circle <Circle1>.  I then stamped the larger scalloped circle with a stamp from the Perfect Fit-Frames in New England Ivy and the smaller circle with a snowflake from the Perfect Fit-Holidays in Holiday Red.  Center a clear sparkle in the center of the snowflake.  Adhere all pieces from largest to smallest using double sided foam tape to make it pop up.

Enclose in a Wilton Pretzel Bag.  Cut off about 2 inches from the open top end, fold over and staple. Adhere topper with glue dots and share with a friend!

Here are the item numbers of my supplies:

X7162B - Pear & Partridge Paper Packet
D1527 - Perfect Fit Frames
B1412 - Perfect Fit Holidays
Z1686 - Cricut Art Philosophy Collection
Z1752 - Clear Assortment Sparkles

CLICK HERE to shop for the ingredients for this recipe!

I had so much fun making these candy holders.  I really hope that you like them and recreate them for your friends and loved ones.  They make great party favors or stocking stuffers.  It's a great way to give a personalized treat!

A simple gift can be so much more when you "Create with Care"!







No comments:

Post a Comment