Sunday, February 9, 2014

Close To My Heart Skylark Birthday Card

I really love the greens and blues in the new Skylark paper collection from Close To My Heart.  It is the first paper packet featured in the 2014 Spring/Summer Idea Book.  I especially love that the first sheet of paper in the pack has so much going on in the background that you don't really need to add a lot of embellishment to it.  The bird in the bottom right, the striped pennant in the top right and the "Beautiful Memories" in the top left are all part of the first sheet of paper! 

I used a piece of the Juniper card stock in the packet as my base and layered a smaller piece of the great Background & Texture paper.  I stamped a "Happy Birthday" sentiment using the Heartfelt Birthday Wish M-size stamp and mounted it on Kraft paper, also part of the paper packet, to highlight it. Then all I had to do was accent the card with a piece of the zip strip from the same sheet and used the new antiqued gold Durables Triangle Studs to point the eye to my sentiment.  


CTMH Skylark, CTMH Skylark card, CTMH birthday card, CTMH card
Close To My Heart Skylark Birthday Card



Supplies Used:



This card used just a few small pieces out of this great paper packet.  I have lots left over to use for my Create & Takes at a future crop and to even make a 2 page layout!

I hope that you enjoy this paper and its possibilities as much as I do!








No comments:

Post a Comment