Friday, November 8, 2013

CTMH Laughing Lola and Art Philosophy Gift Bag


The Laughing Lola paper pack from Close To My Heart has a deep, rich color palette that is perfect for Autumn and Winter.  The shades that are predominately featured are Black, Laughing Lola Gold, Laughing Lola Purple and White Daisy.  However, there are splashes of Lagoon, Slate and Gypsy that really pop out and make great accents to the paper.

In my paper crafting group in Jacksonville, Scrapbook, Stamp and Socialize, I always provide a complimentary Create & Take project for us to do together as a group.  It features one of the paper packets from the current CTMH Idea Book and shows off ways to combine and use the papers, coordinating stamps, inks and embellishments.  For this class, I was also expanding upon ways to utilize the Cricut and specifically the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge, so I created this adorable little gift bag to show off both products.

I used Gypsy cardstock for my bag as I needed to cut out multiples for my group, however, any of the coordinating shades of cardstock that come in the paper packet would look amazing for this gift bag.






Supplies used:

CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (including coordinating "Thanks" stamp and scalloped circle Dimensional Element)
Gypsy Cardstock
Laughing Lola Paper Packet
Slate Satin Polka Dot Ribbon
Gypsy Ink

Recipe:

Bag:  Shift, Font Layer, <Square1> at 5 1/2" (page 23)
Decorative base layer:  <Square2> at 2 1/2" (page 33)
Swirls:  Shift, Font Layer, <Circle5> at 2" (page 60)
Scalloped Circle:  <Circle3> at 2" (page 41)
Rose:  Shift, Font, <Banner1> at 3" (page 68)

Instructions:

Cut all pieces as directed.  Stamp "Thanks" on scalloped circle of card stock and adhere to Dimensional Element.  Adhere the following pieces to unassembled bag in this order:  decorative base layer, swirls, scalloped circle.  Assemble and glue bag.  Attach rose.

I filled a cellophane bag with chocolate nuggets and tied it off with a big bow using Slate Satin Polka Dot Ribbon.  This is the perfect "just because" gift for anyone you know!  I hope that you have been inspired to make one today.




No comments:

Post a Comment