Saturday, October 19, 2013

CTMH Babycakes is NOT Just for Babies!



Close To My Heart Babycakes card
CTMH Babycakes Card by Create with Care



I have to admit that when I first received my Close To My Heart Autumn/Winter 2013 Idea Book and saw the Babycakes collection as I was flipping excitedly through the pages, my heart sank just a bit.  I thought to myself, "Oh no, I don't have children, so I will never use this paper".  Granted, it's patterns were absolutely adorable with fun alphabets and precious animals, and the coordinating My Stickease had sweet phrases such as "Naptime" and "Baby Love".  However, I quickly passed it by, thinking that it wasn't applicable to me.



Close To My Heart Babycakes Paper Collection
CTMH Babycakes Paper Collection

CTMH Babycakes My Stickease


I was WRONG!!

I took a closer look and saw that the reverse side of each coordinating paper has great stripes, dots and patterns that can go well with so many projects.  Plus the colors of Chocolate, Slate, Buttercup and Sunset work fabulously together all year round!

I couldn't wait to share my discovery with the ladies that I teach in my Scrapbook, Stamp and Socialize group.  Many who, like myself, don't have children or their children are grown.  Since our next meeting included an in depth Cricut 101 class with a light focus on the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge, I decided to combine these two wonderful products and have us make a cute all occasion card together.

Here is the recipe:

Pg 23:  Cut 4" Card from the <Oval 1> key out of Colonial White cardstock
Pg 33:  Cut 3 3/4" Scalloped Square from the <Square 2> key out of the yellow B&T paper
Pg 21:  Cut three 1 1/4" circles from the <Circle 1> key out of Sunset card stock
Pg 21:  Cut three 1" circles from the <Circle 1> key out of the polka dot B&T paper

Using your paper trimmer, cut a 4" x 1/2" strip out of the striped B&T paper.

Using the sentiments from the stamps that come with the CTMH Art Philosophy bundle, stamp the phrase "Have a day filled with..." on the yellow scalloped square in Chocolate ink and "Joy", "Love", and "Hope" inside the Sunset circles also in Chocolate ink.  

Assemble as shown in top photo and add a Durables Artisan Stud as an accent in the center of the circles.

That's it!  A super easy card using Cricut and CTMH to show that Babycakes is not just for babies!

I hope that you are inspired to think outside the paper pack by this project.








No comments:

Post a Comment