Saturday, August 31, 2013

CTMH Huntington Scrapbook Layout


Close To My Heart Huntington
Scrapbook layout using CTMH Huntington


For me, Labor Day weekend is the start of Fall.  I know the calendar doesn't agree, however, that's when I start thinking about all things pumpkin!  Yesterday, I had my first taste of what my husband and I call "pumpkinpalooza" with a pumpkin doughnut at Dunkin' Doughnuts!  I promise, this will be the first of many pumpkin items consumed by me in the next three months!  

To celebrate my favorite season, I reached for the new Huntington paper collection from Close To My Heart.  I love the richness and warmth of the colors and how well suited the papers are for anything Autumn.  The featured colors are Barn Red, Cocoa, Champagne and Desert Sand.  However, what really stood out for me and what I wanted to make pop were the shades of Goldrush and Olive.  To highlight these two colors, I stamped images from the Harvest Happiness stamp set onto Colonial White using the coordinating Exclusive Ink pads.


CTMH Huntington (Item # X7174B)



The featured colors are Barn Red, Cocoa, Champagne and Desert Sand.  However, what really stood out for me and what I wanted to accent were Goldrush and Olive which I used to heavily accent my layout by stamping images from the Harvest Happiness stamp set.  I used both the large leaf on the top left of the carrier sheet as a boarder that I stamped in Goldrush across both pages on the Colonial White paper background.  Since this stamp coordinates with the Cricut Art Philosopy cartridge, I cut two on Colonial White paper and stamped the image in Olive and tied them together with a piece of Natural Hemp.



CTMH Harvest Happines (Item #C1463)


I wanted to use this gorgeous paper to focus on the great afternoon that I had at Grandad's Apple Orchard and Corn Maze in Hendersonville, NC.  As you can see, this was a perfect place to celebrate the season. Filled with boxes of pumpkins, squash and apples, this orchard was a combination farmers market, bakery, and corn maze.  I made sure to try the hot apple cider and apple fritter before heading through the acres of corn stalks.



Page 1 - CTMH Huntington Scrapbook Layout


I used two sheets of the Cocoa cardstock as my background base.  The zip strip from the top of the patterned paper had a great sentiment about leaves, so I added that as an accent.  I also cut out a strip of Barn Red cardstock the same length and width and repeatedly stamped the chain of leaves in Cocoa Ink to create a vine effect.  I matted my photos using the Champagne cardstock and added two of the Durables Artisan Studs for a dimensional accent.


Page 2 - CTMH Huntington Scrapbook Layout




I wish you a Fall filled with pumpkins, apples and fun! 








No comments:

Post a Comment