Saturday, December 22, 2012

Crazy for Clementine!

Close to my Heart Clementine Thank You Card
Over the next few posts, I am shining the spotlight on the lovely Clementine paper collection from the Fall/Winter CTMH Idea Book.  I'm challenging myself to make as many different projects as I can using just $21.15 of new supplies.  

Here is what I've purchased:

Clementine Paper Packet - $9.95 (Item # X7156B)
Clementine Complements Canvas Shapes - $5.95 (Item # X7156C)
Sorbet Ink - $5.25 (Item # Z2164)

For my first project, I made this super cute thank you card.  I just love the orange hues in this collection. They really brighten up a dreary winter day!

I used my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut out my card base <square1> at 4 1/2" using the Cashmere cardstock from the paper packet.  I cut three strips of coordinating B&T Duos paper at 1 1/3" wide by 4" long.  For the two strips on the outside, I used a corner rounder punch to make the top and bottom corners match the card base.  I then inked the edges using the Sorbet ink and adhered them side by side to the center of the card.

Across the center I glued a strip of 4" by 1/2" paper in another coordinating paper from the packet.  For the center emblem, I used a shape from the CTMH Dimensional Elements that came with the Art Philosophy cartridge and covered it with another piece of Cashmere cardstock cut at 1 1/2" <shape1>.  

In Sorbet Ink, the Thank You sentiment was stamped.  This sentiment is from the "For Every Occasion" stamp set (Item # D1187).  I finished it off with 2 Antiquated Copper Brads.

So with just a few extra supplies that I already had on hand, I was able to make this cute and easy card.

Stay tuned for more Clementine in project #2, a scrapbooking layout.





No comments:

Post a Comment