Saturday, February 14, 2015

Scottie Dog Scene Card using CTMH Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge


Scottie Dog Card, Create with Care
Adorable Scene Card from the CTMH Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge


Love is in the air today!  It's not only Valentine's Day, but my wedding anniversary!  To commemorate this special occasion I created this adorable card for my sweetheart.  It was quick and easy to cut and put together using the CTMH Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge; a cartridge all about card making.

This type of card is called a Scene Card.  I've included a video below showing examples of just a few of the other scene cards that can be made with this one cartridge.

My card was cut out of 2 pieces of paper.  One larger piece of 2 sided patterned paper and one smaller piece of Glacier cardstock.  I used the Seaside paper pack, which I hope will show you how versatile it can be.  It's not just for beach and vacation photos!

This card can be found on page 2 of the enclosed booklet.  It is also on the "2" key.  The recommended size is 7 inches, however, I wanted mine a bit smaller so cut both pieces with my size dial set at 6 inches.  I simply used the "Scene" key for the base and then Shift + Scene for the insert.  When cut, there are tiny score lines showing where to fold.  In this case, the card base was folded in half and then the front was folded back to reveal the cloud shaped cut out with the heart.

I used the leftover heart shape, reversed the paper and adhered it to the front of my card along with 2 puffy hearts to embellish.  I hand wrote Happy Anniversary inside the heart.  Then I took the cut out of the Scottie dog shape, reversed it and attached it to the front so the dogs were nose to nose when lying flat.  I used a black journaling pen to outline the cut out dog and drew a nose and eye on each.  Finally I took a small strip of the same patterned paper and attached it along the cardstock edge to give it a finished look.

Voila!  A super cute card in minutes!









No comments:

Post a Comment