Sunday, October 5, 2014

Triple Layer Stamping Technique with "Fall Harvest" and "Your Own Kind of Wonderful" CTMH Stamp Sets


Autumn is my favorite season!  My husband calls it "pumpkin-palooza" because by now I'll have purchased an uncountable number of PSL's at Starbucks, stocked our pantry with Pumpkin Pop Tarts, Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal, and the ingredients for pumpkin loaves.  Of course, the refrigerator will also be stocked with bottles of pumpkin coffee creamer!  

To share my love of fall with the ladies of Scrapbook, Stamp and Socialize, I taught the group how to make this really cute card that looks complicated and gorgeous, but is very easy to put together.



Create with Care, Close To My Heart
Fabulous Fall card using a triple layer stamping technique





As the card bases with matching envelopes from Close To My Heart are 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" I started with this size for my base and worked my way up.  The measurements are as follows:

Colored Cardstock
Cut 3 pieces, 1 each of the following measurements:
5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
4 1/2" x 3 1/4"
3 1/2" x 2 1/4"

Colonial White or White Daisy Cardstock
Cut 3 pieces, 1 each of the following measurements:
5 1/4" x 4"
4 1/4" x 3"
3 1/4" x 2"

Using a small amount of adhesive, stack and adhere your white pieces together.  Stamp your sentiment first.  Then, randomly stamp your leaves, butterflies or flowers in coordinating colors on the white cardstock.  Stamp in both first and second generation ink.

Gently separate the layers and adhere them to the slightly bigger pieces of colored cardstock.  Adhere all layers together.  If using bakers twine as an accent, use pop dots or squares to adhere your final layer.  Fussy cut a coordinating stamped shape and adhere to the front with a small pop dot or square for a dimensional element.

To show how versatile this technique is, I've also made a card with a more Spring/Summer look using more pastel colors.  



Create with Care, Close To My Heart
Dream Big card using triple layer stamping technique



Here's my supply list…

Fabulous Fall Card


Dream Big Card

Now go and impress your friends and loved ones with this fabulous stamping technique!





No comments:

Post a Comment