Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Close To My Heart Free To Be Me Cards



I really like the new Free to Be Me paper pack from Close To My Heart.  It is only available during the month of May 2014 to celebrate National Scrapbooking Month.  It comes with six sheets of double sided patterned paper (in 3 patterns), 6 sheets of coordinating card stock that has a smooth side and a textured side, as well as 2 sheets of vellum.  You can read more about the details of this offer in a previous post: Free to Be Me!

I wanted to share the gorgeous cards that can be made with this paper pack!  Since feathers are so trendy now, I was absolutely drawn to the patterned paper that featured this image in Ruby, Lagoon and Gold.  


Free to Be Me Thank You Cards





Free to Be Me Lagoon






Free to Be Me Ruby



Using a paper trimmer, I cut a piece of White Daisy card stock at 5 1/2 inches wide X 8 1/2 inches long and folded it in half to make a 5 1/2 inch X 4 1/4 inch base.

I then cut a piece of the colored/textured card stock at 5 1/4 inches X 4 inches and adhered it to the base leaving a 1/4 inch border all the way around.

I cut 1 1/2 inch X 3 3/4 inch strips of both the patterned paper with the feather design and the vellum paper with the feather design and adhered them to the card stock, again leaving a 1/4 inch border.

To add some sparkle and interest, I attached a 5 1/4 inch piece of Red Shimmer Trim from end to end of the card base.

For the sentiment, I choose "Thanks So Very Much" from the For A Friend stamp set.  This stamp conveniently coordinates with an image found on the CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.  The shape <Rctngle4> is found on page 25 of the manual.  I cut it out in White Daisy at the size matching the stamp, 1 1/2 inches, then cut the Gold card stock at 1 3/4 inches to act as a mat.

Then to finish it off, I used 3 Durables Triangle Studs down along the bottom which echoed some of the shapes found in the patterned paper.

I have to say, I'm so very pleased with how these cards turned out.  This paper pack is so very versatile and the bright colors will really accent any project.

You must order this now, as it is only available for a limited time.  Don't miss out!








No comments:

Post a Comment