Sunday, December 1, 2013

CTMH Laughing Lola Matchbook Style Post It Note Holder


Close To My Heart Laughing Lola Matchbook Style Post-It Note Holder
CTMH Laughing Lola Matchbook Style Post It Note Holder




For November, I have featured the Laughing Lola paper packet from Close To My Heart in the Create & Take that my Scrapbook, Stamp and Socialize group have done together.  You can view the cute gift bags that we made earlier in the month here

I enjoy designing or discovering simple, easy projects that can be made together as a group. This project was a happy discovery found on the Splitcoaststampers website.  However, I needed to make mine fit a 3" x 3" Post-It note page, so I modified the measurements a bit.


  • For the cover; cut a piece of Gypsy cardstock to a 8 3/4" by 3 1/8" rectangle.  Score it at 3 3/8", 3 3/4" and 7 3/4".

  • Fold where you scored.  Staple once at the short fold about 1/4" in at the center point.  Hide the staple with a 3 1/8" x 1/2' strip of coordinating patterned paper.  I used the zip strip from the top of one of the B&T papers in the Laughing Lola pack.

  • Adhere your Post-It note pad to the base, lining it up with the other 2 score lines.

  • To decorate the top, cut a 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" square in Laughing Lola Gold cardstock.  Then cut an accent square in a coordinating B&T paper at 2 5/8" x 2 5/8" and adhere on top of your cardstock for a layered effect.

  • I also used my CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut out a decorative shape in White Daisy cardstock (page 26) <Shape1> and Black cardstock for the border (page 26) <Layer, Shape1>.



A quick, easy, and very pretty gift for anyone with a desk!  This would make a wonderful stocking stuffer or present for a teacher.










No comments:

Post a Comment